Let me tell you what I've done, so you can feel my pain. And maybe give some suggestions!
- Dropped the Diet Coke COMPLETELY *sigh* I know it's bad but it's so, so good
- Upped my water intake--most days, it's over two liters (thank you, Crystal Lite)
- Greatly reduced my sugar intake--my dessert is usually an apple with a tablespoon of Nutella, a piece of dark chocolate or a piece of Extra Mint Chocolate Chip gum
- Cut the carbs by about half
- Upped my veggie intake (not hard, as I wasn't eating many to begin with!)
- On average, I'm eating between 1400-1800 calories a day with three main meals and no snacks
- Run/walk 40-50 minutes (3-4 miles) four times a week (I'm working to bring this up to five or six but I'm not there quite yet fitness-wise)
- 5 flights of stairs on the run/walk days (it's an old YMCA in a six-story building)
- 15-minute walk with the dogs daily (they make certain of this)
- With no school, my cortisol *has* to have gone down from the super-high levels it was all second semester (Well, probably all year. It was a really crappy year). However, I just had a stress dream about my high school journalism class (haven't developed the curriculum yet, don't really know what I'm teaching), so maybe it hasn't gone down as much as it should. I'm also breaking out which, for me, indicates stress.
- I'm getting 8-9 hours of sleep a night (yay for summer)
- My house is clean(-ish) and organized
It seems my metabolism just doesn't want to kick it up, and my body is very happy to hold on to the extra fifty (or so) pounds of nasty fat that I desperately want to get rid of. I'm telling you, I'm so frustrated, I'm really about to cry. But not give up. Never that. I don't want to be an obese old person who can barely walk or who has a ton of health problems. And, if I don't want to be that, I need to get my weight under control and get healthy.
Damn you, body! *shakes fist* Drop this weight and be healthy! Grr.
Any suggestions? Any books I should read? Ideas? Help me out here, people.