Yeah, yeah. So I'm a little late with this To Do list, as Spring has already sprung. But, better late than never, right? (Oh, yes. I am all about the cliches today.)
Today, I was sitting in my PJ's (um, still in them. Don't judge. It's the last day of Spring Break so I'm allowed.), thinking that, OMG, there are only 39 days left of school and what am I going to do? *rubs hands together* Time to break out the infamous TO DO LIST (I so love lists. I love crossing stuff off my lists. I'll even make a new list when most of my stuff is crossed off the old list just so I can cross off MORE stuff. I am a list geek.).
SPRING TO DO LIST:
(For me, that's now thru June 5th--my last workday of the 2009-2010 school year. Yippee!)
1) Have a contest or two on my blog. I'm knocking part of this out starting MONDAY and running through SATURDAY--I'll pick the winners on Sunday. I've never had one before and I'm kind of nervous/excited about it. I've got a couple of ARC's and some new releases to pass along to my fabulous folks out there.
2) Finish 1st draft of YA adventure (with a dash of superhero thrown in). I'm at 33k right now. So, we'll see.
3) Make a habit of running. While weight loss is part of the long-term plan, I really need to get serious about exercise. I'm aiming for at least four times a week (and taking the dog for his 20 minute walk every day doesn't count). That gives me a little wiggle room but not enough for me to wiggle out of it.
4) Hook up with some crit partners. I've started this--signed up at Agent Query Connect (thanks for the suggestion, Jemi) and the Crit Seekers group over on the YALITCHAT Ning (If you're a MG/YA writer and not part of this, you so need to be. Click on the name for the link.), so I've got some high hopes for this one.
5) Read at least 10 new books. So, that's five books a month. Easy peasy.
6) Figure out what conference(s?) I'm going to attend this year. At the moment, I'm thinking the SCBWI Carolinas one in September. Any suggestions?
7) Okay, my brain has frozen. I must need a jump-start of Diet Coke. I'm sure I'll be adding to this cuz you know something always comes up.
What's on your To-Do list?
FINAL TALLY FOR SPRING BREAK READ-A-THON & CLEAR AWAY THE CLUTTER:
Reviewed Books (with final grades, if you're interested):
THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak: 98/A+
CHANGES by Jim Butcher: 95/A
SILVER BORNE by Patricia Briggs: 93/A
GENESIS by Bernard Beckett: 87/B
EPITAPH ROAD by David Patneaude: 86/B
THE LINE by Teri Hall: 74/D
THE IRON KING by Julie Kagawa
HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins
THE RECKONING by Kelley Armstrong
TEST by William Sleator
Ten books read + awesome weather + about 10k added to my WIP = a pretty darn good break!